Here are twelve (12) interesting facts about Russia: History, President, and Current leader:
- Various leaders have ruled Russia throughout the years. It’s been ruled by both men and women, and many of its rulers have been absolute monarchs.
- Vladimir Putin became president in 1999 after serving as prime minister for four years before his presidential election. He has since been reelected three times and is currently serving his fourth term as president of Russia.
- The Russian Revolution was an event that occurred in 1917 when a group of workers overthrew the Tsarist government that had ruled over them for centuries. The revolution led to the creation of the Soviet Union—an alliance between Russia and other countries that were previously part of the Russian Empire but had become independent after the revolution occurred within their borders (such as Georgia). The Soviet Union lasted until 1991 when it again dissolved into several different nations (including Belarus, Ukraine, and Kazakhstan).
- Russia has been involved in many wars throughout its history; however, one of its most famous wars occurred during World War II when it fought against Nazi Germany alongside Great Britain and America during World War II. This war ended with Germany’s surrender
- Vladimir Putin is the current president of Russia. He was born on October 7, 1952, in Leningrad, now known as St. Petersburg. His father was a factory worker, and his mother was a factory worker who later became a teacher.
- Putin had a difficult childhood; his parents divorced when he was young and both remarried. He lived with his father until age 16, when his parent’s marriage fell apart again, and he moved in with his maternal grandparents.
- Putin studied law at Leningrad State University and graduated in 1975 before joining the KGB (the Soviet Union’s security agency). He was stationed in East Germany from 1985 to 1990, where he started working for the KGB directorate for foreign intelligence. In 1991 Putin returned to Russia after the fall of the Soviet Union and became an advisor to St Petersburg’s mayor Anatoly Sobchak. The latter helped him rise through the ranks of Russian politics.
- In 1999, Putin became prime minister under President Boris Yeltsin; he served as president from 2000 until 2008 when Dmitry Medvedev took over as president while Putin served as prime minister until 2012 when Vladimir Putin was reelected president once again!
- Vladimir Putin is the current president of Russia. He has been in office since 2000 and will be up for re-election in 2024.
- Vladimir Putin is the president of Russia, but he’s also an actor, a singer, and the world’s most decorated man.
- The guy has been in a lot of movies! He’s had roles in everything from The Avengers to The Lord of the Rings. His singing career is also pretty impressive—he released his first album in 2005 and has since sold over 11 million copies worldwide. And then there are all his awards: Putin has been given over 300 medals since taking office in 2000, including being named “Person of the Year” by Time magazine in 2007 (and again in 2008).
- And that’s not all! He once saved two whales from drowning… by jumping into their pool fully clothed and carrying them out on his shoulders!
Read More: How Did Putin Became The President of Russia