Imagine starting your day facing other people with a therapeutic regimen that brightens and freshens your skin and makes you look great? It’s a perfect way to start a day when you are more confident about your skin. If you are not yet following a skin care regimen even in the morning and prep your skin to take on the world, you can try this daily skincare routine as your guide.
I started this routine only this year 2020 when I realized that my skin is not flawless as before. My skin starts to sag, it has spots, my face starts to have fine lines and wrinkles that is why I decided to take a collagen supplement. I just cover it up with makeup and I do it everyday. Without realizing that makeup can damage our skin on our face especially when we don’t apply proper skin care to it.
Want to know my secret? Here is my morning skin care routine, read it below.
My Daily Morning Skin Care Routine
Used A Foaming-Cleanser
Obviously, cleanser deeply cleanses our face and it clears off dirt. If you want to buy a cleanser, choose a soothing, low-pH that does not irritate your skin. I personally use the foaming cleanser below. Just put a little amount on your palms and massage it gently on your face in circular motions and wash it off with lukewarm water. Pat your face dry with a clean towel.
Use A Toner
Toning your face is very important. A good toner helps in removing any remaining bits of oil and dirt left behind by a cleanser. It shrinks the pores and balances the pH level of our skin.
Toner also prevents our skin from producing excess oil.
Choose an alcohol-free toner when buying so that it won’t strip your skin’s natural moisturizers.
When applying the toner, take enough of it and dab it over your face evenly and let it get absorbed into your skin.
Don’t Forget The Serum
Serums are highly concentrated solutions that target and solve specific skin problems. Choose a serum depending on the problem you have, and it will show results.
Since it is highly-concentrated and lightweight formulas, it is absorbed into the skin quickly and won’t leave a sticky residue on our face. This is perfect for those that prefer the weightless feel when it comes to skin care or people with oily skin.
Apply the serum on your skin, starting from the nose, and work your way outwards. Leave it on for 2-3 minutes to absorb into the skin.
There are 5 benefits of using serum:
- Reducing Signs Of Fatigue. A lack of sleep can leave the complexion looking dull and tired. Using an effective serum can promote cellular regeneration and repair, so your skin will look radiant even if you are lacking sleep.
- Refining Pores. Enlarged pores are notoriously difficult to treat, but due to the thin consistency of a lightweight face serum, pores are kept oil-free clean, which minimizes their appearance and refines the skin’s texture.
- Smoothing Your Face Of The Skin. The fact that serum molecules are not blocked by any additives means that they can penetrate deep into the pores, smoothing out the surface of the skin for a noticeably softer texture.
- Reducing The Appearance Of Fine Lines And Wrinkles. Serums have powerful formula to effectively achieve younger looking skin by accelerating the regeneration process resulting in cellular vitality.
- Helping The Skin To Retain Moisture. One of the striking benefits of face serums is their ability to help lock moisture into the skin.
Depending on your skin type. either choose a creamy, moisturizing lotion or water-based gel to nourish and lock the moisture into your skin.
The moisturizer will protect your skin from drying throughout the day.
Take a few blobs of moisturizer and smoothly pat it over your face and neck. Massage it into your skin till the moisturizer is absorbed.
Use A Sunscreen
We need a sunscreen lotion with at least Sun Protection Factor (SPF) 30 to protect our skin from the sun’s harmful UV rays. Sunscreen protects our skin from sun damage, which otherwise can lead to wrinkles, fine lines and spots.
I use a water-resistant, sweat resistant, resist rub-off sunscreen. (Photo below). It is also a no-comedogenic or it won’t clog pores, an oil free and a PABA free. Apply sunscreen and massage it into your skin evenly.
Prime It Up
Primer helps your foundation and makeup glide smoothly and last longer.
Primers are products that your BB creams or foundations hold onto to last longer. Use fingertips to smoothen the product onto your skin.
These steps will help you start off your day perfectly and your skin will have a good day. If you follow these steps regularly, you will notice a significant improvement in your skin health too. So, you make sure you go through the morning skin care routine everyday.